10 July 2019

Ordinary, every day

After a number of days looking after grandchildren (school holidays) whom I adore, I've found some time this afternoon to work on my prequel.

In the middle of writing the scene where James Bryan Cullen makes his first romantic gesture toward Elizabeth Bartlett, the washing machine started beeping that its load was finished. It very kindly beeps every ten seconds or so for many, many (it seems) minutes. The beeps - according to my imagination - get louder and more aggressive the longer they are ignored.

So that is what my life is as an author: writing romance scenes while the washing machine demands I notice it, and the rest of the household chores queue up for attention. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is ok to share?

  Feeling a bit chuffed because I have finally come up with a new book idea. I’m still working on the biography of my great, great uncle Sir...