15 July 2019

No writing today


The third term in Victoria started today and the kids have all gone back to school. Our four granddaughters kept us busy over the school holidays, but apart from not getting time to write much, I absolutely adore having them all (not all for at once for more than a day, though 😊). 

No writing today, just making time for a quick update, then at 2.30 leaving to pick up two from school.
Teddy comes with me to collect the girls from school. He sits on my lap in the car while I read, and when he hears the bell marking the end of the day, he dances around in the car crying until I put on his lead and we get out to wait for Audrey and Paige. He knows them from all the other kids in the same uniform, and jumps around excitedly when they finally walk out the gate. And I mean FINALLY. They are always among the last to make an appearance. Paige is a bit quicker – anxious to see Teddy - but Audrey meanders out with her mates, chatting away.

Perhaps I can put some of Teddy’s enthusiasm and my “patience” into one of the scenes in my work in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is ok to share?

  Feeling a bit chuffed because I have finally come up with a new book idea. I’m still working on the biography of my great, great uncle Sir...