21 August 2020

National Family History Month

 

Presenting in front of others is often a bit nerve-wracking, and today was no exception. You’d think having been a secondary teacher would put me in good stead, but before the Zoom cameras came on, I was feeling a little anxious. No need. The people who joined the Zoom meeting organised by the Family History Librarian at Melton Libraries, Nicole Hilder, were relaxed, friendly and engaged.

The attendees were interested in the subject: Starting your family history research, and we covered some useful tips.

The usual suspects in family history research popped in to say hello:

  • ·         Trove (the National Library of Australia’s digitised newspapers)
  • ·         Births, Deaths and Marriages,
  • ·         The British Newspaper Archive,
  • ·         Ancestry
  • ·         Find My Past
  • ·         The Public Records Office Victoria

·          The hour passed quickly; I hope it’s a good sign and means some will join in the next on-line family history adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What is ok to share?

  Feeling a bit chuffed because I have finally come up with a new book idea. I’m still working on the biography of my great, great uncle Sir...