20 January 2021

Cousin found

For those of you who have read Time Tells All, you will know about Sir William George McBeath, my grandfather’s uncle, my 2x great uncle. And you might recall one of my works in progress is his biography (a giant in Victorian politics and huge contributor to Australian society).

I’ve been trying for some time to find descendants of William. He had four children: a daughter who died at 19 days of age, one son who in turn had one daughter, who died at the age of eight, a daughter who never married, and a daughter who married and had four children. Obviously, any descendants would have to come from these four children. Eureka!!!!!

This morning I received an email from a gentleman who read and enjoyed Times Tells All, and wait for it, we are third cousins – he is one of the descendants I’d hoped to find.

I’ll wait to hear from him again and with some luck, he will have some family information he can share that I might be able to include in the biography.

Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is ok to share?

  Feeling a bit chuffed because I have finally come up with a new book idea. I’m still working on the biography of my great, great uncle Sir...