17 August 2021

Beta readers needed

 

 

 

The short story collection, “Empty Beds” is progressing. There are a few stories finished, (well, to a point 😊 ) and I’m now at the stage where I need beta readers to give me some feedback.

What is a beta reader?

A beta reader is a test reader of an unreleased work of literature or other writing (similar to beta testing in software), giving feedback with the angle of an average reader to the author about remaining issues. ... These test readers are commonly referred to as beta readers. They can tell you what works and what doesn't.

What is expected of a beta reader?

 Beta readers are non-professionals who read a manuscript prior to publishing or read a pre-release of a book. They may comment on parts of a story that are confusing or things that don't make sense.

 
There is an enormous amount of trust in the relationship. As the author, I trust that beta readers will not share the manuscript with anyone else, nor publish it in any format.

Please email me at stories@janeenannoconnell.com if you are interested in reading a story or two about the Allan family(s). (Warning: tear jerkers a plenty.)

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is ok to share?

  Feeling a bit chuffed because I have finally come up with a new book idea. I’m still working on the biography of my great, great uncle Sir...