26 October 2019

The doubt put to rest for a little while

On one of the author Facebook pages I follow, someone wrote that it didn't matter if 100 of her family and friends and readers told her they enjoyed her book, that it was a great read, and they wanted more, she took more notice of the one bad review.

That's what it's like sadly for writers, and I imagine anyone else who puts a part of themselves: painters, photographers into the public arena.

So when an unbiased judge took me aside Friday night 25th October at the City of Melton Libraries Short Story Competition, and told me she couldn't put my short story down, and that she wanted to read more, I finally felt "real".

When I told my Alpha Reader, Denise Wood that I'd won the prize, she said "Of course you did. Why don't you believe me when I say you work is great?"
I don't know.

When I told my cousin Debra Hammer that the first three books in the saga were being published by an international Rapid Versatile Publisher, she said "Why wouldn't they be?"
I don't know.

The little "you're not good enough" gremlin that sits on my shoulder has been relegated to behind the desk for a day or so. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is ok to share?

  Feeling a bit chuffed because I have finally come up with a new book idea. I’m still working on the biography of my great, great uncle Sir...