08 October 2019

Works in Progress

Photo from Trove (www.trove.nla.gov.au)

My first non-fiction effort is underway; looks like I’ll have to change my spiel 😊
I’m writing about my great uncle, (Sir) William George McBeath. For those of you who have read “Time Tells All” you’ve met him already. The contributions he made to Australian, and Victorian society are staggering. He deserves more than a couple of paragraphs in the Australian Dictionary of Biography.
Photo from State Library of Victoria   









Next are the stories of the Scots and English who left their respective countries in search of a fortune on the Victorian Goldfields in 1852 is the next saga underway. In these families (from my maternal grandmother), we have a Victorian Premier (1924-1927), local government councillors, a magistrate, war heroes and great contributors to the developing colony of Victoria.
I’m playing with titles, and will ask for assistance when I’ve moved along a bit more.

And, I’m 20,000 words into my memoir. Not sure if this is going to be for public consumption, we’ll see. I’m writing it in third person, and have changed ALL the names, including mine. So technically, it’s not a “memoir” because they are written in first person, but it is still my story 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is ok to share?

  Feeling a bit chuffed because I have finally come up with a new book idea. I’m still working on the biography of my great, great uncle Sir...