08 October 2019

The new "baby" leaves the nest


Writing my fourth book was more of a struggle than the first three. It’s not that I really spent that much more time thinking about the content, or researching, but I procrastinated to the point of neglect. Still, it is done, and I’m happy to see it go out into the world.

Did I struggle because the story is about the love between my 5x great grandparents? I think so. Even though the first book included the blossoming romance and then marriage of my 4x great grandparents, Catherine and James, I found it harder to write my 5x great grandparents as characters in a book. 


He was in his fifties when he fell in love with Elizabeth, she in her early twenties. I tiptoed around their relationship and in the end decided I would leave what went on between the sheets to the imagination of the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is ok to share?

  Feeling a bit chuffed because I have finally come up with a new book idea. I’m still working on the biography of my great, great uncle Sir...